Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Postcard - and a request! from Laura, Germinoma Brain Tumor Survivor

Here's a new submission from another one of the 11.9 million out there.

"While others may celebrate love in February, I celebrate a month I refer to as, "FU Cancer month." Next week is my 2 year cancer free anniversary. Despite the aggressive name I have tagged onto this month, I celebrate with love and with the people I love who were with me for the fight and continue to stand by my side and encourage me. Like many cancer survivors, hardly a day goes by when I don't think about what this disease did to me and how much of a negative impact it had on my life. These two years have given me time to gather strength and move forward with my life with greater perspective and a better understanding of myself and my capabilities. It is important to have a positive attitude when fighting this disease but let me take this opportunity to say that it is also okay to get really angry about what has happened to you. I think it is healthy to vent about the unfairness of cancer in order to let go of the anger and move forward.
One month a year I do exactly that and I would like to ask all cancer survivors to join me in saying "FU CANCER!!!" Release the anger, go hug someone you love, and take another step forward. Laura - Germinoma Brain Tumor Survivor"